Event managers struggling to network can seem like a bit of an oxymoron.
But, it is true that, even in an industry that thrives on personal equations and constant human connections, networking challenges still exist.
So, finding spaces where event managers who have a passion for delivering exceptional events can connect with each other and fellow industry stakeholders is a must for creating high impact networking opportunities. The Event managers support community on CommunityZapp is exactly such a space.
The professionals on Event managers support community of CommunityZapp connect with each other for exchanging information about industry trends and event management best practices, and to see examples of innovative and inspirational local events. The platform is ideal for finding mentors, vendors, performers, and even potential audience for your events and build high-value relationships.
So, whether you are a newbie or a veteran event planner, here are 5 ways in which you can leverage the CommunityZapp platform to build a vibrant network for your business –
- Interact with fellow professionals – As you are working in an industry that is built around people coming together to create a shared experience, it is vital that you regularly interact with fellow professionals and industry leaders. Such a relationship is important for being visible to your mentors, stay updated on industry trends, and keep pace with tech developments. The often overlooked secret of networking is the fact that you have to give first in order to receive. So, giving referrals and recommendations to fellow professionals through the event managers community is a great way of building your credibility among both your vendors and fellow event managers.
- Connect with the vendors and suppliers – Having a reliable network of hotels, AV and entertainment companies, photographers, designers, and entertainers is crucial for ensuring that you find the best possible deals and minimise the loss from contingencies like cancellation. The members of various communities often specify their role like wholesaler, decorator etc. while joining the community. So, it is easy to find them using deep search tools and build relationships either by joining their discussions or connecting directly through private messages.
- Build a network of potential clients – Relationship building with potential clients is an important part of boosting conversions. CommunityZapp helps to achieve this by creating a platform for organic and high-value interactions that are not blatantly financial/business oriented. For instance, using the deep search tools of the platform, you can find the yoga teachers within your city and invite them to a health and wellness event. Likewise, You can find and interact either through discussion boards or privately with marketing teams. Such opportunities help you stay on a potential client’s radar with very little investment of time and money.
- Keep an eye out for team building – Networking is one of the most important ways of finding your partners, collaborators, and team members. Continuous interactions with various professionals on CommunityZapp will give you the crucial insight that will position you to create the best suitable job packages. For example, being active in graphic designers community can help you spot and groom talented artists for working with you in the long term. Similarly, checking in with alumni communities can give you an idea about the expectations of freshers.
- Network with fans of celebrities and entertainers- CommunityZapp has several celebrity and fan communities – not just for the movie stars but for stand up comedians, MCs, and similar local artists. In these communities, you can interact with the fans and promote your event. Apart from creating a buzz about events of their favourite celebrity, you can also use the community to promote events that are similar to their preferences. For example, the deep search tools can be employed to find Kenny Sebastian fans who like his stand up about college life, and then invite them to check the stand-ups in local college fests.
While many event managers network effortlessly and as a result thrive in this highly competitive industry, a sizeable number still struggle to overcome the roadblocks like lack of access, introversion, or because they simply do not know where to start. The online support communities like CommunityZapp provide an excellent starting point for such people to find and cultivate contacts. For the veterans, the platform is an opportunity to expand their network, establish their authority, and stay ahead of the competition.
So, no matter at which stage of career you are in, head today to the Event managers support community on CommunityZapp for instant access to a network of fellow professionals, collaborators, industry leaders, vendors, clients, and potential audience.